Long Way From Home

It is easy to feel out of place in India.  Compared to life in Australia there are a far greater number of differences than similarities. 






I know fella's, its hard to sleep in Mumbai with all that noise




I was riding the Vespa home one night when I turned a corner and I thought I saw two Emus in a temporary cage in Khar fishing village. I rode on a little to try to convince myself that my eyes were deceiving me.  I then turn around and sure enough there were two juvenile Emu's in a temporary bamboo cage on a busy street on the edge of a slum in Mumbai.









I hope they didn't end up a main course
at a wedding feast







I passed by the the next day and took a better photo, noting to myself that I should call the Consulate to check the legality of owning protected Australian species in India. However, by Monday they were gone and only the cages remained.

I am sure the Emu's felt more out of place than I do.

Popular posts from this blog

An Ascent of Sunanda Devi (Nanda Devi East)

Three Days in Lisbon are Not Enough!

Risk Reward and Skiing in Kashmir