Yoga Teacher Training - Pavahari - 4th April 2014

I took these photos of this women as she pulled weeds from a patch of dirt next to our tent high above Gupta Kashi in the norther state of UK in India, in the higher hills below the mountains of the Himalaya.  


Her name Pavahari, a name from the Bhagavad Gita, she proudly told me...I later found it in chapter 9 verse 30.  I wanted to take her picture and at first she angrily refused, only it seems, long enough to use her scythe to cut some 'weeds' and a small leafy branch from a nearby tree to quickly fashion a wreath of flowers...to then stand proudly so I could take her picture.  Of course I must note that I was 'In Silence' throughout this period.




Popular posts from this blog

An Ascent of Sunanda Devi (Nanda Devi East)

Three Days in Lisbon are Not Enough!

Risk Reward and Skiing in Kashmir