Crazy Horse Buttress Thailand











As part of our “something for everyone” holiday, in between baby tigers and crippled elephants, I managed to slide out for a couple days climbing at Crazy Horse Buttress 45 minutes out of Chiang Mai.
































The local club and guiding companies developed a great crag with really responsible environmental practices.  They run a shuttle service to an form the crag which makes access easy.

























The limestone was not super steep but steep enough for me and the rock was yet to show signs of being polished. Two days and 6 on-sights per day between 5c and 6b+ was enough for me, leaving my arms burning and my belayer covered in my dripping sweat after each session.  


















If you are heading to Chiang Mai and are keen to climb make sure that you don’t miss Crazy Horse Buttress. There is a great guide book at the local climbing club cum climbing shop and any gear that you could need that you may have left at home.



Popular posts from this blog

An Ascent of Sunanda Devi (Nanda Devi East)

Three Days in Lisbon are Not Enough!

Risk Reward and Skiing in Kashmir