Three months on...

A lot can happen in three months, the length of time since my last post, and even then not much changes, at least on the surface of where we live. It seems that living in India teaches one more about what is on the inside rather than an outside in approach to learning.

We have been back home in India for two weeks, after almost two months in Australia, Thailand and Singapore. It is Monsoon time here and the Girls summer holidays so Mumbai was not the place to be. Getting back to school has been great. We were all immediately busy and engaged in our worlds of friendships and education. I am the Parent Technology Representative at the school now which is an evolving feast but thus far more social than anything.

Chris has been in the northern state of Ladakh for the week. He is climbing a mountain there with a some ponies, a cook and a guide. We have not heard from him which I take as a good thing.

So I promise that I will restart my blogging but now instead of long stories and anecdotes I will keep it simple. Short vignettes on our lives in India. I need to do this so I can recall what I see with virgin eyes and through more than just a picture. Because in India it is about engaging all of your senses and trying your very best not to judge the experience....working on that!


Some pictures from the past few months...


Lucy with the baby elephants in Phuket
Ada's First Day in Grade One at ASB
Fish Feeding in Singapore!

Chris climbing at Koa Yoa Noi in Thailand

Ada having a Hot Chocolate with our friend Gilly

Roasted Cahsews Thai Style...some sea salt, chives and fresh lime juice!







Popular posts from this blog

An Ascent of Sunanda Devi (Nanda Devi East)

Three Days in Lisbon are Not Enough!

Risk Reward and Skiing in Kashmir